Tanzania Lion Safari
$ 4,060 (Pps)
Our Serena Lion Safari is a well-priced 6 or 7 night safari which can be done on a scheduled basis (joining other people in a small safari vehicle) or on a private basis.
You visit the well known game parks in the "Northern Circuit" of Tanzania.
7 night itinerary - If you arrive into Kilimanjaro Airport, the 7 night version gives you a night near Arusha (to allow for the timing of some international arrival flights.) The safari itself starts in Arusha town at 2pm. You drive to Lake Manyara. The you continue to the Serengeti and the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater. And you end with Tarangire Park before returning to Arusha. This is the version that is shown below.
This is perfect for first time safari enthusiasts and also for solo travellers as the single supplement is not high. Plus it is ideal if you want to visit the main game parks in Tanzania and like the comfort of a safari lodge rather than staying under canvas.
Your transport will be in custom designed 4x4 safari vehicles accommodating a maximum of 7 guests who all have window seats for optimum game viewing.
This itinerary starts at Kilimanjaro International Airport.But you can also depart and end in Arusha (6 night version). This may work better for you depending on your international flight arrangements. It also allows flexibility to combine this safari week with some time on the beach.
Private or Scheduled?
Choose between a small group tour (with a maximum of 7 guests) or a private tour. The scheduled tour works out as more budget-friendly than a private tour. Especially if you are travelling alone. We show the private tour price for two people. But the cost of the private tour for 4 people is only a little more the scheduled tour (if staying at Serena Hotels). And it is actually LESS If you are five or more people, it will be even cheaper!So, if you are a family or group of friends we strongly recommend the private tour.
Contact us for a quote
- The day of departure (7 night tour) for the scheduled tours is every Friday or Sunday. It is easier and quicker to get availability for private tours if they also depart on those days, but they can depart on any day.
- The single supplement is less than 20% more so we recommend the scheduled tour for solo travellers as it is an easy way to travel without paying for a private tour.
- The 6 night itinerary departing from Arusha town is approx $310-$335 per person sharing less but we would need to arrange transfers from the airport for you at additional cost.
- Visit Ngorongoro Conservation Area of Tanzania
- Outstanding game viewing in Serengeti
- Cultural visits
- Larg herds of elephant and baobab trees in Tarangire
- Outstanding photo opportunities
Tanzania Lion Safari at a glance
An idea of price
All our itineraries are merely samples of what we can arrange. Virtually every trip is tailor-made for you. The exact price of our sample itineraries depends on the time of year and accommodation used. This is merely a guideline.
It excludes regional flights to the start and end of the itinerary (as these may vary depending on where you fly into Africa). But it includes an estimate of any flights WITHIN the itinerary. Contact us for a quote including any regional flights needed.