What next after the Red Sea? We offer a range of luxurious and diverse diving holidays in throughout Southern Africa. From the Indian Ocean islands of the Seychelles, Zanzibar or Nosy Be to the coastal waters of Mozambique and South Africa?
Here, you'll find idyllic islands and archipelagos as well as long pristine coastlines protected by fringing reefs. Experience some of the world's finest coral reef systems. Or enjoy the completely different adrenaline rush of shark cage diving in the Cape of South Africa.
We focus on diving in four countries: the Seychelles, Mozambique, Madagascar and Mafia Island & Zanzibar off the coast of Tanzania.
Diving Holidays in South Africa
However, diving in South Africa is worth considering. We favour the pristine reefs and warm sub-tropical waters of Coastal Maputaland in KwaZulu Natal. Here you can have an adventurous diving experience in a true wilderness environment. Furthermore, you are likely to spot turtles, manta ray, dolphins and sharks.
- Great diversity of diving experiences. From the unspoilt depths of Mozambique and Madagascar to the near paradise of the Seychelles or Mnemba Island
- Amazing possibilities to dive with whale sharks - massive yet harmless whales up to 14 metres in length
- Much less well-known and thus less coral bleaching than over-touristed elsewhere in the world
- Great opportunity to combine a diving holiday with a world-class safari experience.
- Southern Africa offers 5 of the 7 marine mammals in the world
Great Recommendations"I am into the details and ask lots of questions and I got all the info that I needed (and more) very quickly, which enabled my review all of Cedarberg’s recommendations and check for alternatives. I am very pleased to say that I changed none and all of the recommendations were 1st class." Mr Ian Crispin, UK
Everything worked out perfectly"Just a quick note to let you know everything worked out perfectly! We had a great time and the accommodations were excellent. We even had two elephants visiting our tent at Simbavati one evening. You can imagine the excitement! Thank you for your hard work to make this a fantastic safari." Mrs Brigitte, USA
Exceeded all expectations"Cedarberg was professional, responsive, and personable. All flights, all transfers, all accommodation, all activities, and the safari itself went exactly to plan. The experience, end-to-end, exceeded all expectations." Mr Michael Barnard
Popular tours & safaris
We arrange trips to more than 100+ destinations throughout the African continent.
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
- Water temperaturesWarm water year-round (excepting South Africa)
- Marine mammalsSouthern Africa offers 5 of the 7 marine mammals in the world