Mozambique’s reefs and beaches have been under-rated for decades. The upside is that - though Mozambique diving holidays are world-class - this is still a relatively well-kept secret. The colours of the unspoiled reefs are vibrant and pristine. You can see many brightly coloured fish such as blue snappers, tiger fish and butterfly fish. With good visibility ranging from 10m to 40m.
Many Mozambique diving sites, such as Manta Reef, are world-famous in diving circles. Other reefs, particularly in the Quirimbas Archipelago, are yet to be detailed. You may be lucky and see barracuda, giant lobsters, manta rays, moray eels, plus loads of reef fish.
Where to stay on a Mozambique Diving Holiday?
Around the islands of Bazaruto and Benguerra you might find yourself diving with turtles, whale sharks, manta rays. Or even the elusive dugong. Notable Mozambique dive sites include Two Mile Reef and the Aquarium. This is a favourite with novices and snorkelers.
In the far north of Mozambique lies the remote Quirimbas Archipelago. This is a collection of idyllic tropical islands with powdery coral shores. The coral here has not suffered the degradation seen elsewhere due to the complete lack of development.
You can enjoy a more affordable Mozambique diving holiday along the Southern coast. Diving with the majestic whale shark is a speciality of this area, especially around White Pearl Resort,
See our Main Page on Luxury Diving Holidays around Africa for more destinations.
- The warm Mozambique waters teem with 6,000 species of fish
- Leatherback and loggerhead turtles, as well as schools of dolphins are also often seen, especially between July and December. Humpback whales are also spotted between August and October.
- The warm waters off Mozambique’s 2,500 km of Indian Ocean coastline are one of the prime whale shark and manta ray viewing sites in the world.
- The whale shark is an impressive but completely harmless whale which is up to 14 metres in length – It’s usually seen between December and April.
- Sea temperatures range from a balmy 30C in summer to a still reasonable 21C in the middle of winter.
Competitively Priced"Cedarberg were helpful, easy to deal with, competitively priced. " Mrs Jane Perrins, UK
Thank you for arranging such an excellent trip!!"I would like to thank you for arranging such an excellent trip to see the wildflowers in the Cape, and especially for selecting our guide. He was perfect in all respects. He knew where to take us, knew the identities of most of the flowers and plants, and was a font of knowledge about southern Africa. As for the flowers, we couldn’t have picked a better year or a better time, and your itinerary got us into some of the most spectacular scenes, better than we had ever imagined. " Mr Bell
Cedarberg & company have been amazing!"Cedarberg & Co have been amazing! Professional, knowledgeable and very helpful. We had put everything together in about a week. Communications are of high standards. All plans worked. " Mr Roland, UK
Africa Travel Specialist
Popular tours & safaris
We arrange trips to more than 100+ destinations throughout the African continent.
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
- Best Time to DiveAugust to December
- Marine Mammals5 of the world's 7 marine mamals are found off Mozambique