Planning a Tailor-made Safari
How the Process Works
Practically all Cedarberg Africa safaris are individually planned: tailor-made and with imaginative solutions to match your personal interests and budget. You have the freedom to explore at your own pace and choose the safari accommodation that suits you.
Typically, people come to us because they are:
- Anxious that they might make badly-informed decisions about their safari
- Bewildered by the range of options and frustrated by wasting their precious time trying to make sense of beautiful websites which make every hotel and lodge sound equally amazing
- Worried that their “once in a lifetime” trip might not match their expectations because of a bad choice
These are concerns we hear all the time – but the solutions are unique in every case.
One of our team of safari planners will chat with you about your travel aspirations, your accommodation preferences, how active you wish to be, any special interests, how you want to travel, and what memories you are hoping to bring back from your trip.
How the process works
The process varies for each client, but the steps generally look like this:
- You complete our Enquiry Form, email us or phone us.
- This starts a conversation, either over the phone, video call or via email.
- Once we’ve spoken (ideally) or exchanged emails, we’ll propose an itinerary to suit your needs.
- When you are happy with the plan – which may take some back and forth discussion and itinerary changes – you complete your booking form and send a deposit. At this point we’ll firm up all arrangements for you.
1) The Chat – tell us what you want
It starts with a conversation, either over the phone, video call or email. Even if you are still unsure about your plans, we find a quick phone call can help to point you in the right direction.
One of our team of safari planners will chat with you about where you want to go, your accommodation preferences, how active you wish to be, any special interests, how you want to travel around, and what memories you are hoping to bring back from your trip.
We ask a lot of questions.
Want more detail?
2) Tailor-made Proposal
After we get a sense of what you are looking for, we narrow down all the myriad possible options. We start presenting some ideas, often via a digital itinerary. This is usually within 24 hours but it depends on the variation in time zones. If we know exactly what you are looking for, we give you a full proposal and price.
- If there are two or more options which are appealing, we’ll send you an outline or a digital itinerary. Then the conversation continues from there.
- If we are clear on what you want, then we’ll send you a proposal and price.
And now we talk money…
At this point we start talking about how much you want to spend.
We know that this is difficult. You don’t know what a safari costs. But it helps us – and you – immensely, as we can at least offer you an itinerary which is in the right price range.
3) Back & Forth. . . then Book!
This is usually an iterative process with some back and forth.
However, with a tailor-made trip, we don’t always hit the nail right on the head the first time. Hopefully there is enough to have got you excited, but often it generates further ideas. Or, you realise that there’s something important which wasn’t mentioned before. This is where we make some possible changes to your itinerary until it is just right!
Then, when you are ready to book, you complete our booking form and send a deposit. We firm up the space and you are all set!