Discover a different world, as beautiful below the water as above...
Year-round climate, hot & tropical
The Seychelles is as close to a natural visual paradise as you can ever hope to see. It is geographically, botanically and culturally diverse.
A ‘thousand miles from anywhere’, the Seychelles archipelago of 109 islets and six larger islands lies 4º south of the Equator, outside the cyclone belt, and has no malaria or serious diseases. Its people are a multi-ethnic blend of settlers from Europe, Africa and Asia who have assimilated different traditions and religions into the relaxed Seychellois culture.
A Seychelles holiday can offer lots of contrasts; some islands are like tiny emeralds dropped in the azure ocean, home only to birds and indolent holiday-makers. Other Seychelles islands have rainforests and waterfalls to beckon you away from the white powder beaches. Searching for the perfect viewpoint becomes as addictive as the hunt for the perfect undiscovered cove.
The Seychelles appeal is more to the nature-lover than the glamour-seeker. It’s a place to see things rather than to be seen. Sports fisherman, divers, birders and families alike enjoy the ultimate escape from life’s pressures on one of the private islands. And of course, the pampering and delicious seafood appeals to honeymooners and all romantics.
Mari JacobsAfrica Travel Specialist
Why you may love it
- Paradise with rich bird and marine-life, superb snorkelling and diving destination.
- White sandy beaches with crystal clear waters.
- Malaria free and outside the cyclone belt.
- Contrasting experiences allow for island hopping, moving from the main islands to smaller private islands for a few days either by helicopter or take a ferry with the locals.
Where to go in Seychelles
These are some of the best rated places to visit in Seychelles based on popularity and experience rating by our travelers
Explore the Seychelles map
When to visit Seychelles
December to March
Hot & Rainy
April and May
Less rain but hot & humid
June to August
Best time to visit
September to November
Good time to travel
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
- HistoryThe islands used to be pirate hideouts
- CapitalVictoria, the capital, is the smallest in the world - 20km²