Unforgettable wildlife, varied and glorious scenery and fabulous tropical beaches, all in one country.
Kenya is arguably the classic safari destination in Africa. An image evoked by unforgettable film scores, powerful novels and wildlife documentaries: from the adventure, scenery and romance of Out of Africa to the drama of the Big Cat Diaries. There is nowhere to compare with a Kenya luxury safari for its diversity of landscapes, eco-systems and wildlife. Indeed the very term ‘safari’ was coined here. It’s the local Swahili word for ‘a journey’. The timeless combination of tropical beaches and renowned wildlife creates the perfect Kenya safari.
Many people worry that their game-viewing might be spoiled by hordes of minibuses crowding around sightings. Certainly this is a problem in the more accessible and developed parts of the Kenyan game reserves. Some lodges are large and sophisticated, but not the ones we use. Rather we favour the smaller game reserves and independent safari lodges. These are off the beaten track and work closely with local communities.
Gloria DarvallAfrica Travel Specialist
Why you may love it
- Wildebeest migration through the Masai Mara – one of the most unique African safari experiences
- Easiest destination to combine ‘bush and beach’
- Offers first-class game-viewing, plus white sandy beaches and warm tropical oceans
- Situated on the equator, so the climate is warm and pleasant when game-viewing is at its best
- Offers wildlife tours, safari lodges and beach hotels to cater for all budgets
- Infrastructure makes this quicker and more affordable than elsewhere in Africa
Where to go in Kenya
These are some of the best rated places to visit in Kenya based on popularity and experience rating by our travelers
Explore the Kenya map
When to visit Kenya
Mid-December to mid-March
Summer in Kenya
Mid-March to May
Autumn in Kenya
June to mid-October
Winter in Kenya
Mid-October to mid-December
Short Rains in Kenya
Popular tours & safaris
We arrange trips to more than 100+ destinations throughout the African continent.
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
Experiences in Kenya
- Language68 different languages spoken in Kenya
- NameNamed after its tallest mountain, Mount Kenya