Western Madagascar Adventure
$ 1,557 (PPS)
This adventurous Western Madagascar tour is for those who love to explore remote off the beaten track places. To includes all the highlights of Western Madagascar: The Tsingy de Bemaraha, Baobab Alley, Kirindy and Morondava. And it includes a charming, if rustic river cruise down one of the most scenic rivers in the western part of Madagascar.
To see a reasonable spectrum of Madagascar’s endemic mammals, birds, reptiles and trees, you ideally need to visit a variety of climatic and floral zones. So we love this combination of Western Madagascar with the addition of the Eastern Rainforests of Andasibe. Or you can combine it with our Southern itinerary: Rainforests, Mountains and Beaches of Southern Madagascar.
Tailormake this tour
This tour works best with 9 nights (or 10 nights with an extra night at Bekopaka. But there are various ways to customize it.
- Add a 2 night extension to visit Andasibe National Park - see 12 night price below
- Add a night in Bekopaka so that you have a second night hiking deeper into the reserve (this is included in our 12 night price)
- An extra night at Kirindy
- Add on a few nights on the wonderful tropical island of Nosy Be instead!
- If this sounds like too much driving, you can also opt to just visit the Avenue of Baobabs & the Kirindy Forest and not head all the way to the Tsingy of Bemaraha. This 3 night itinerary can be combined with our 11 night Rainforests tour to make a 14 night itinerary
Contact us for your Adventurous Western Madagascar tour!
Western Madagascar Adventure at a glance
Africa Travel Specialist
An idea of price
All our itineraries are merely samples of what we can arrange. Virtually every trip is tailor-made for you. The exact price of our sample itineraries depends on the time of year and accommodation used. This is merely a guideline.
It excludes regional flights to the start and end of the itinerary (as these may vary depending on where you fly into Africa). But it includes an estimate of any flights WITHIN the itinerary. Contact us for a quote including any regional flights needed.
All accommodation, meals as specified, domestic flights, English-speaking driver for transfers, tours with park guides in the National Parks (Only official guides are allowed to conduct the walking tours.)
International flights, optional Tana city tour, all services & meals not specified, drinks, visa costs and items of a personal nature eg. tips, curios