Zanzibar is a bewitching place: with white sandy beaches, palm trees and romantic retreats. Here you can rejuvenate and relax after your hectic wedding preparations at your own pace. Whilst inland rich green valleys are filled with the aroma of spices. And evocative and historic Stone Town, once the capital of a vast Arabic empire, makes for a fascating place to visit. It's an atmospheric maze of narrow streets, colourful markets and winding stone steps.
Zanzibar is the best-known island but there are some smaller tropical islands with a more laid-back beach vibe. These are perfect for a honeymoon or celebrating a special anniversary. Mafia Island is a meccas for divers whilst Pemba Island appeals to both divers and romantics. Plus don't forget the very exclusive private island of Mnemba. This offers chic 'rustic beach luxury' with the chance to get away from the world. It's the ultimate Zanzibar honeymoon. But with a price tag to match.
Try these intimate Zanzibar retreats for laid-back ambience:
Why not add on a safari in Tanzania?
With its combination of glorious landscapes and exclusive, personal safari lodges, Tanzania is the perfect place for a safari & beach honeymoon. There is nothing more poignant and exciting than being alone under the African stars with someone special to you.
We don't have any set Zanzibar honeymoon packages as we like to tailor each honeymoon to your interests (and budget). Chat to us!
- Intoxicating mix of beautiful beaches, spice farms, coral reefs and palm trees
- Very easy to combine with a Tanzania safari with direct flights to Selous and to Northern Tanzania
- Range of stunning resorts to suit a range of tastes and budgets
- Good flight connections with Kenya, Ethiopia and the Middle Eastern hubs to and from Europe.
Download our Guide to Tanzania SafarisMajor Game Reserves, Sample Tours & Camps, plus the low-down on Best Time to Visit! Get our Free guide here
Africa Travel Specialist
Start planning your dream trip
Need a little help? View our Safari Guide to help you get started
- GeographyActually an archipelago of islands: Unjuga (main island), Pemba, Mnemba
- WildlifeHome to the endangered red colobus monkey