De Hoop Camino slackpacking trail
₤ 1,364 (PPS)
This is a great luxurious slackpacking trail, probably the most luxurious of our sample itineraries. Enjoy the sheer beauty of the De Hoop Nature Reserve and its offshore Marine Protected Area, during a 4 night / 5 day “slackpacking” experience. Over this period, you will have time to walk and / or relax at both the east and western sections of the De Hoop Nature Reserve plus enjoy a camino walk along the coastline from Lekkerwater Beach Lodge to Morukuru Beach Lodge.
On foot, you will be exploring the reserve’s rich marine, plant and wildlife. Staying in comfortable off-grid accommodation and following the spectacular nature walks along the scenic trails and footpaths, secluded beaches, secret coves and rugged fynbos covered coastline.
Your days of blissful walking will take you from the comfort of Lekkerwater Beach Lodge to the luxury of Morukuru Beach Lodge, where you will uncover this unspoilt, untouched reserve, filled with a treasure trove of fauna, flora, fynbos, pristine beaches and abundant sea life.
- Departures are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- The walk between the two lodges on day 3 is self-guided. However it is part of the Whale Trail so there is a clear route.
- Morukuru Beach Lodge is closed during June.
- Transfers from Cape Town can be arranged at extra cost.
- The price for July to 21 Sept is the same as 17-30 April.
- The price for 22 Sept to 14 Dec is the same as the price for January to 16 April (shown)