Chongwe River Camp was probably my favourite camp on my recent trip to Zambia. I strongly recommend that if you are choosing between this one and one of the less expensive lodges, that you consider the upgrade. Chongwe River Lodge is up one notch in price and up 3 notches in experience, style and service.
I loved the feel of the bush at night with hippo, elephants, lion, hyena allaround camp – lots of bush noise! If you can manage the price, I strongly recommend the Cassia Suite with its own pool or the Albida suites which share a pool
Other highlights/comments including:
• Haunting sounds of the fish eagle calling
• Breath-taking sunrise
• There are charging point in all rooms. Free wifi in main areas
• Open air en suite bathrooms which may not suit everyone
• Well managed & -run
• Meals were very tasty, well prepared & well presented
• Great first stop if clients haven’t been to Africa, but also great to end stay in Africa.