Luwi Camp was the first of the four bush camps that I visited in the South Luangwa National Park, all run by Norman Carr Safaris. This was actually my personal favourite (even though many others put Nsolo at the top of their list.) I felt that it was fantastically well run by Frank and his friendly team. But what really made the difference for me was our guide, Lawrence was the best guide we had in Zambia – a great communicator and great character with superb knowledge and an excellent imitator of birds.
Other comments/highlights include:
• Beautiful shady trees and a great authentic bush camp
• Lovely Hippo hide near lodge where you can spend hours
• Shouldn’t go off road, but they were not too tight about this
• No wifi, internet or mobile reception as it is a rustic bush camp.
• Battery charging points in main area.