Okavango Desert & Delta Rhino Safari
Apr - Jul
$ 3,790 (Pps)
This 6 nights Okavango Desert & Delta Rhino Safari in Botswana combines 3 of the prime safari destinations of Botswana! The Okavango Delta, the Savute Channel in the Chobe National Park and the Kalahari Desert.
With fewer than sixty Rhinos left in Botswana’s National Parks, conservation efforts are critical, making the contribution from travelers booking the Rhino Package increasingly important. Thankfully, over the past few years, a breeding rate of over 6% has been recorded, which is among the best ever achieved in Southern Africa. This safari offer includes a contribution towards the Botswana Rhino Relocation and Reintroduction Project helping in the effort to protect our Rhinos.
The Rhino Safari at a glance
You fly into Maun and connect by charter flight to the glorious Okavango Delta. Here you will experience the water-based safari activities! Next, you fly to the starkly beautiful Savute Channel in the Chobe National Park. Finally, you return to Maun and transfer to the Boteti River near the Makgadikgadi Pans for 2 nights before returning to Maun.
The Safari offer requires you to visit the Kalahari region for 2 nights (Staying at Leroo La Tau). But there is flexibility as to which other lodges you stay at. There is a choice of 4 safari camps in the Okavango Delta.
* 2 are water-based: Camp Okavango and Camp Xugana (shown in this sample itinerary).
* 2 are more land-based being in the Moremi Game Reserve: Camp Moremi and Camp Xakanaxa.
You can also choose between Savute Safari Lodge and Chobe Game Lodge which is further north in the Chobe National Park close to the Chobe River.
After your Okavango Desert & Delta Rhino Botswana safari, why not add on a few nights in Cape Town? If you wish to add on Victoria Falls, then you can rearrange the order of the safari to end at the Savute Channel. From there you fly onto Kasane (for an additional cost) and continue to Victoria Falls. Or even enjoy a complete contrast with some time at the beach in Mozambique.
- The Okavango Delta is Africa’s largest and most beautiful oasis – an isolated, lush green paradise with some of the richest wildlife in the world.
- Chobe National Park is famous for its excellent year-round game viewing.
- The Savute channel is known for its large herds of elephant and lion prides.
- During the wet season there’s an influx of migratory birds, making it a birding-hotspot.
Okavango Desert & Delta Rhino Safari at a glance
An idea of price
This is a set tour using specific camps. However many tours can be adapted. Chat to us about your options. It excludes international flights but includes an estimate for all domestic or regional flights within the tour.