Kenya is arguably the classic safari destination, an image evoked by unforgettable film scores, powerful novels and wildlife documentaries. From the adventure, scenery and romance of Out of Africa to the drama of the Big Cat Diaries. There is nowhere to compare with a Kenya luxury safari for diversity of landscapes, eco-systems and wildlife. The very term ‘safari’ was coined here. It’s the local Swahili word for ‘a journey’. That timeless combination of tropical beaches and renowned wildlife creates the perfect Kenya luxury safari.
Many people worry that their game-viewing might be spoiled by hordes of minibuses crowding round sightings on their Kenya luxury safari. This certainly is a problem in the more accessible and more developed parts of Kenya game reserves. And, yes, some lodges are large and sophisticated, but not all…
We favour the smaller game reserves and individual luxury safari lodges in Kenya, off the beaten track, which work closely with local communities. Often it is the community owned land, the private ranches and the less visited game reserves which are the most rewarding on any Kenya safari holiday.
Why Kenya for your safari?
- The wildebeest migration in Kenya through the Masai Mara is one of the most awesome African safari experiences and perhaps the highlight of your Kenya luxury safari.
- The Migration is in Kenya from July to September. So Kenya is a great place for a family safari in the July and August school breaks.
- Kenya is probably the easiest destination to combine ‘bush and beach’ with first-class game-viewing, white sandy beaches and warm tropical sea. The proven infrastructure makes this quicker and more affordable than elsewhere.
- Being on the Equator, the Kenyan climate is warm and pleasant in winter when game-viewing is at its best. By contrast, you need to wrap up warmly for game-drives in Southern Africa at this time.
- As one of Africa’s leading safari destinations, Kenya has wildlife tours, safari lodges and beach hotels to cater for all budgets; from deal-seekers to those looking for boutique luxury options.