Kenya is arguably the classic safari destination. An image evoked by unforgettable film scores, powerful novels and wildlife documentaries. From the adventure, scenery and romance of Out of Africa to the drama of the Big Cat Diaries. There is nowhere to compare with a Kenya luxury safari for diversity of landscapes, eco-systems and wildlife. The very term ‘safari’ was coined here. It’s the local Swahili word for ‘a journey’. The timeless combination of tropical beaches and renowned wildlife creates the perfect Kenya luxury safari.
Many people worry that their game-viewing might be spoiled by hordes of minibuses crowding around sightings. This certainly is a problem in the more accessible and developed parts of Kenyan game reserves. Some lodges are large and sophisticated, but not all…
Consequently, we favour the smaller game reserves and individual luxury safari lodges in Kenya. These are off the beaten track and work closely with local communities.
Why Kenya for your safari?
- Most noteworthy is the wildebeest migration in Kenya through the Masai Mara. It is one of the most unique African safari experiences. Perhaps even the highlight of your Kenya luxury safari.
- The Migration occurs from July to September. Thus making Kenya a great destination for a family safari in the July and August school breaks.
- Furthermore, Kenya is probably the easiest destination to combine ‘bush and beach’. This due to its first-class game-viewing, white sandy beaches and warm tropical oceans. Furthermore the infrastructure makes this quicker and more affordable than elsewhere.
- Being on the Equator, the Kenyan climate is warm and pleasant in winter when game-viewing is at its best. While you would need to wrap up for game-drives in Southern Africa at this time, Kenya’s climate remains pleasant.
- As one of Africa’s leading safari destinations, Kenya has wildlife tours, safari lodges and beach hotels to cater for all. It caters for deal-seekers and those looking for boutique luxury options alike.