Updated 11 May 2018
Cedarberg Africa is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss or damage.
1. How we collect information
2. How we use your information
4. Sharing your information
5. Your information and your rights
7. Transfers outside the European Economic Area
8. Commitment to Data Security
How we collect information
We collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- request information or contact us via our website, by e-mail, over the telephone or by post; this may include your name, address, email address, telephone number and contact preferences;
- enquire about booking a holiday with us; additionally, this may include the names and dates of birth of you and others in the travel party, including children under 18;
- make a holiday booking with us; additionally, we may collect passport data, nationality, dietary requirements, medical needs and payment details. Some of this information may constitute sensitive personal data;
- complete online forms, take part in surveys, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website;
- interact with us using social media.
We also collect information from your devices (including mobile devices) and applications you use to access our website or applications (for example, we may collect the device identification number and type, location information and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing history) and we will ask for your permission before we do so. We may do this using cookies or similar technologies (as described below).
How we use your information
We use your information to:
- provide any information and services that you have requested or booked;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of our website or your holiday);
- deliver you targeted marketing, offers or product-relevant information, based on your previous communication, purchase or enquiry with us, providing we have always offered the option to opt out of such messages;
- provide you with location based services (for example, pricing and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain information about you after your holiday or if you decide not to proceed. This information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory and legitimate business purposes.
Each contact form on our website provides a check box asking you for permission to add you to our mailing lists. This is an opt-in mailing list and your personal information will be used solely by Cedarberg Travel Ltd or Cedarberg Travel CC to notify you from time to time about special offers, news and important developments, or in relation to any contribution you have made to our website (e.g. blog comments, reviews) or to invite you to give feedback
If you have asked us not to, we will not contact you for these or any other reason unless it is connected with your booking. Every marketing or informational email message we send you will contain full instructions on how to opt out.
If you are subscribed to our marketing e-mails then we track whether you open the message. Unless you have chosen not to download images automatically in your e-mail provider, your opening of the e-mail will report back to our systems that you have read the message. We also employ tracking of any links you click in our messages. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our service providers (including airlines, accommodation providers and in-country Destination Management Companies ) so that they may help us to provide you with the services or information you have requested (e.g. an airline requires a date of birth to ensure a flight is correctly costed).
- third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. payment processing providers, data cleansing companies which remove duplicate or out of date information from databases and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) ;
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example, social media sites or other third party application providers);
Your information and your rights
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, you have the following rights, under certain circumstances:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes;
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
Transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Personal information in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal information in the same way.
Some of our applications or services or parts of them may also be hosted in the United States or outside of the EEA and this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you to other territories outside of the EEA.
We use service providers based outside of the EEA to help us provide your holiday and this means that we may transfer your information to service providers outside the EEA for the purpose of providing your holiday.
We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EU by our service providers, appropriate measures and controls in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by the Cedarberg Africa web server. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies or other tracking technology. However, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
Internet Explorer http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Cedarberg Travel Ltd , Company No 298 1718, whose registered office is Long Cottage, King Henry’s Road, Lewes, BN7 1BU is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as data controllers under registration number: ZA240987