Highlights of Buhala Lodge
- Stylish country retreat on the banks of the Crocodile river, right on the edge of the Kruger
- Guided safaris into Kruger National Park are arranged
- Buhala is owner-run with good friendly service
- Leopard Creek golf course is ten minutes drive away & Buhala is a member
- Swaziland and Mozambique are only an hour away
- View game on the opposite banks of the Crocodile river, while lazing at the pool or sitting on your veranda
- Offers a wonderful wine cellar and fine cuisine
Buhala Lodge is a perfect colonial style country retreat – on a tropical fruit & sugar cane farm on the banks of the Crocodile River which forms the southern border of the Kruger. What a wonderful waterhole to have at the bottom of the garden! Elephant, buffalo, hippos and many antelope are just a few of the frequent visitors. Guests sitting on the veranda or lazing around the swimming pool have wonderful sightings of these fascinating animals coming down to the river to drink.
Buhala Lodge is owner-run and offers seventeen spacious bedrooms furnished with antiques and cooled by fans or air-conditioning, divided into four room types – Standard rooms, Kruger Park River rooms, Kruger Park Balcony rooms and the Elephant Garden Suites. Fine food and wines are served on the deck under candlelight and the whole atmosphere is one of casual elegance and tranquility.
Buhala Lodge is ideal for those who want to enjoy game viewing in the Kruger from the comfort of a country lodge. It’s also ideal if you want to combine a safari with a game of golf at the prestigious Leopard Creek course, only ten minutes drive away. This course, normally reserved for members, offers players a wildlife experience while challenging their golfing skills. Buhala’s own game rangers offer guided Kruger safaris in open vehicles. Night drives into the Kruger are also on offer. Full day safaris into the Kruger nearly always see at least four of the Big Five. Other activities include nature drives on the farm and horse riding on the property. The Panorama route – God’s Window and the Blyde River Canyon – is a wonderful day trip whilst both Swaziland and Mozambique are only an hours drive away. The open deck bush Spa with sweeping views over the Kruger and the Crocodile River provide a variety of treatments for those who wish to relax after a long day.